FedRAMP℠ Authorized Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) for Government Agencies
collab9 is the first UCaaS provider to be authorized by the Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP), receiving its Authority to Operate(ATO) from the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
Government agencies can now move their voice and collaboration systems into the cloud with a national provider that has undergone rigorous assessment and has demonstrated adherence to FedRAMP security requirements that are based on NIST 800-53 standards.
FedRAMP defines its program as a “standardized approach to security assessment, authorization and continuous monitoring.” Agencies that leverage FedRAMP’s Security Assessment Framework to evaluate cloud solutions can save significant time and costs compared to conducting independent, sometimes redundant, assessments. Agencies can then accelerate adoption of secure cloud solutions.
Benefits of Secure UCaaS for Government Agencies
- Unified messaging integrating voicemail and email
- Video calls
- Mobility, IM, and presence (Jabber)
- Customer care applications (Contact Center)
- Integration with Microsoft O365, Skype for Business, and Gmail
- E911 functionality
After email, voice is the second most common workload that agencies migrate to cloud infrastructure. With widespread agency adoption of hosted email solutions like Office365, hosted voice is the natural next step for agencies adhering to the Cloud First policy and the overall Federal Cloud Computing Strategy.
Government agencies can realize these benefits from collab9’s secure UCaaS solution:
- Substantial cost savings over traditional build-and-operate solutions.
- Reduced capital expenditures for critical phone infrastructure and its maintenance/upgrades.
- Reduced staffing costs for specialized administrators to run on-premises systems.
- Reduced cost of compliance through FedRAMP-mandated continuous monitoring.
- Rapid deployment with continual upgrades to the solution and infrastructure
- Migration away from obsolete or aging communications systems.
- Feature-rich, cloud-based voice services managed outside the organization.
Agencies looking to leverage the efficiencies of cloud can now do so with UCaaS services tailored to meet unique government sector security requirements.
Learn More About Secure UCaaS for Government Agencies
For additional information on collab9’s FedRAMP authorization and the benefits its secure UCaaS solution offers to federal, state and local government agencies, see the FedRAMP announcement, visit our FedRAMP pages, or request information.