NASPO, also referred to as the National Association of State Procurement Officials, is a non-profit association that is dedicated to improving and strengthening the procurement community through education, research, and communication.
The NASPO ValuePoint Cooperative Purchasing Organization (formally WSCA-NASPO) leverages the leadership and expertise of all 50 states with the purchasing power of their public entities to provide the highest level of excellence in public cooperative contracting.
Since 1993, NASPO ValuePoint has been the cooperative purchasing arm of NASPO (the National Association of State Procurement Officials), encouraging, fostering, and guiding the nation’s most significant public contract cooperative. NASPO ValuePoint is nationally focused, and strives to deliver the best value, reliable, and competitively sourced contracts that offer public entities outstanding pricing.
Why is the NASPO ValuePoint Important?
collab9, the first and America's First FedRAMP authorized UCaaS provider was recently awarded the NASPO ValuePoint Cloud solutions contract by the State of Utah. This contract will enable collab9, and its authorized Value Added Resellers (VARs) to sell its FedRAMP authorized UCaaS solution to participating U.S states.
The objective of the NASPO Valuepoint is to provide states, territories, and their authorized political subdivisions with the highest quality of cloud-based service providers, which can further a company’s overall efficiency, reduce costs, improve operational scalability, provide business continuity, increase collaboration efficiencies, and allow for expanded flexibility in work practices and system improvements.
Benefits for Public Sector Agencies
- Substantial cost savings over traditional on-premise infrastructure, which needs to be purchased, maintained and upgraded
- Reduced human resources costs for specialized administrators to run on-premises systems
Geographically Redundant Data Centers
- Automatic Failover Capabilities
- Redundancy in infrastructure for business continuity and disaster recovery
- Quick deployment with automatic upgrades
- Consolidated Resources provide a one-stop shop
- Delivery of feature-rich, cloud-based voice services managed outside the organization
Integration with Cloud-Based Email
- Integrates with Microsoft, Gmail and Google Email Applications, including Office 365
Employee Safety/Emergency Response
- Government Employee Safety
- Deploys exact 911 location for immediate response
Supports Mobility and BYOD initiatives
- Work from anywhere on any device (phone, tablet, ipad, desktop)
A Secure FedRAMP Authorized UCaaS Solution
collab9 is the America's First FedRAMP Authorized UCaaS solution for hosted voice, which is the second most common application for businesses, after email. Its secure hosted unified communications solution includes:
- feature rich voice service for desk phones, mobile devices, and soft clients,
- unified messaging integrating voicemail and email,
- video calls,
- mobility, IM, and presence (Jabber),
- customer care applications (Contact Center),
- integration with Microsoft O365, Skype for Business, and Gmail, and
- E911 functionality.
To learn more about why collab9 is a fitting match for your public sector agency, please request information, contact our Director of Channels, Joe Barnas, or read more about our Cisco-Powered UCaaS solution.