Provide surveillance and triage of voice applications and technical support for voice platforms and services primarily to Federal and state customers while ensuring adherence to established departmental and corporate policies and procedures
- Provide tiered support, trouble isolation, including corrective action for network problems for all voice customer facing production systems in a 24-hour/7-day-per-week Network Operations Center (NOC) in accordance with departmental and corporate policies and procedures
- Monitor, troubleshoot and correct switch, voice platform, and network problems for all customer facing production systems in a 24-hour/7-day-per-week
- Key areas of emphasis:
- Monitoring the health of the network
- Network alarm
- Inbound and outbound calls
- Work with both internal and external parties to resolve ticket issues
- 2 years’ experience in technical support, Telephony, Network Operations Center or a similar work environment.
- 2 years technical knowledge of IP Networks, Call Routing, VoIP and IP based networks in a WAN/LAN environment.
- 2 years knowledge of Windows based platforms.
- 1 year knowledge of at least one Command Line Operating System.
- Based on shift and/or customer needs, this positon may also require a minimum of 2 years technical knowledge in 1 or more of the following:
- Signaling protocols (ISDN, SS7, SIP, CAS, etc.)
- Circuit or soft-switch administration, maintenance or provisioning TCP/IP PC/Server and network hardware
- Demonstrated expertise with Unix and VI Editor DNS Administration, SSH, NFS, and Apache
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, Excel.
- Must be United States citizen and able to pass background check and drug screenings.
- Willing and able to work varying shifts.
- 2 or more years technical knowledge in one or more of the following:
- Basic understanding of CODEC technology (e.g., G711, G729, etc.)
- Datacenter and Cisco networking
- Application Service Provider (ASP)
- BGP, routing decisions, and VPN Tunnels
- Minimum: High school diploma required.
- Preferred: Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, MIS, telecommunications, networking, or a related field.